Re: xserver-xorg fatal configuration

Monday 6 March 2006 23:03 Kai Sandsengen wrote:
> I don't see the origin of your problem (just signed up) but it might be
> the same I had.

Kai,

In the ultimate sense, we may have the "same" problem, that is, such a problem
that may be resolved by a complete Debian reinstallation.

Now since my installation has become quite "mature" I am looking for some
means of avoiding reinstallation from scratch, since this will give me more
hours (days) of work than I am prepared for. Something must be done, however,
quite soon, since I am virtually excluded from running ANY Debian update
tool.

My hope is that some experienced Debian user may see the key issue
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2006/03/msg00604.html) and understand
how to correct the malconfiguration that came about after my fatal mistake,
and I promise honestly to take all measures to avoid repeating it...
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2006/03/msg00501.html).

Tore