Debian 3.1 on a Dell PowerEdge 2800 Server

Hi everyone,

I'm plan on installing Debian 3.1 (2.4.27 kernel) on a Dell PE2800 server soon (just waiting for a few more pieces of equip. to arrive) and while I have used Debian a little bit in the past, I've never installed in on a server before.  I was hoping somebody who has done this before can give me some tips/info on the following:

	1) does/will Debian have issues if I use the hw RAID controller on the Dell server?

	2) the server will have dual Xeon processors and 8GB of RAM, does Debian suppor this? (I've read in some places that Debian doesn't support > 4GB of RAM, etc. but I haven't been able to get a definite answer to that from googling)

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Glen Yu | 416-739-4861 | glen.yu@ec.gc.ca
Modelling & Integration Research Section
Science and Technology Branch
Environment Canada
4906 Dufferin St., Downsview, ON, M3H 5T4