Re: sequnce of bringing up network interface

Hi,

  The initial order of /etc/rc*.d/ppp precedes the /etc/rc*.d/ntp-server
I have no idea why the PPPoE connection is always established at last.

Deephay

On 2/28/06, Fred Kastl <mailiglist@kastl-nbg.de> wrote:
Gamer Joker schrieb:
> Greeting all,
>
>   I am using PPPoE to connect to internet and I found that the current
> system
> (Etch) always bring up my ppp0 interface at last during the booting
> procedure,
> and this makes that I have to manually restart my ntpd again after
> login, i checked
> the /etc/rc(*).d/ppp and found that it is now deprecated and the
> /etc/network/interfaces is used. Anyone can tell me how could I make the
> system to
> bring up ppp0 interface earlier? thx!
>
> Deephay

Change the order of your init Skripts in /etc/rcx.d .

place /etc/init.d/ppp and /etc/init.d/networks befor your ntp script
or restart your ntpd deamon thought a script in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ on
every call.

regards

Fred Kastl