[Solved]Re: color is not know for server: "black"

Hi,

  It is now solved, the /etc/X11/rgb.txt is missing. I downloaded one and it now works well.

Deephay

On 2/28/06, nicks < nicks@speedy.home.free> wrote:
In linux.debian.user, you wrote:
>   Not long before I posted a mail about this strangness, when I run some
> applications such as
> the ones are involving images manipulation, the applications will always
> return a message like:
> color is not know for server: "black"
> seems that the color name "black" have some problem. I posted a mail about
> this a few days ago,
> and someone suggest that it was caused by OpenOffice, but after I
> uninstalled it, the problem
> is retained, either. Anyone can give me some help for this? thx!
>
> Deephay

I had a similar problem last month due to a difference in search path
for rgb.txt.
It showed up in etch(testing) when I replaced xfree86 by xorg.
I had to install a missing symlink.

This is from sarge(stable) which runs xfree86
ls -l `locate rgb.txt`
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 17371 May 31  2005 /etc/X11/rgb.txt
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root    16 Jan 29 22:59 /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb.txt ->
/etc/X11/rgb.txt

Regards
Nick