sequnce of bringing up network interface

Greeting all,

  I am using PPPoE to connect to internet and I found that the current system
(Etch) always bring up my ppp0 interface at last during the booting procedure,
and this makes that I have to manually restart my ntpd again after login, i checked
the /etc/rc(*).d/ppp and found that it is now deprecated and the
/etc/network/interfaces is used. Anyone can tell me how could I make the system to
bring up ppp0 interface earlier? thx!

Deephay