[Solution] Error rebooting after upgrade from 2.6.12-i36 to 2.6.15-i686

Hi all,

  Finally I've got my box running and here is the solution.

  I have done a lot of diferent things, even I reinstalled using the
latest weekly netinstall downloaded from www.debian.org. Thanks to
people of this and others lists I discovered that once you're in busybox
 if you type Ctrl+D then the boot process continues and the normal
prompt appears.

  Once I discovered that I could logon then I tried the different
options the people proposed, the one that worked was the one proposed by
Florian. I leave it below this lines.

Sometimes it helps to use mkinitrd.yaird to build the initrd (instead of
the default mkinitrd). You can try to install the package "yaird" and
put the following line in /etc/kernel-img.conf:

ramdisk = /usr/sbin/mkinitrd.yaird

(see "man mkinitrd.yaird")

Then do a dpkg-reconfigure of your linux-image-2.6.15-xxx and see if
that gives you a working initrd.

Regards,
           Florian

  I hope this will help somebody.