Capture crash logging

Hello all,

For the past few weeks I have been facing crashes at my desktop.
For all the crashes I was not able to find any log that can give a hit where I
should search for the cause of these crashes.

The system was running  for a long time with out any crashes and most of the
crashes occurred during the night, when I do not use the desktop at all.

I have not changed any hardware and I also compile and use the latest vanilla
kernel.

I mainly use the desktop with few applications running like
sylpheed,windowmaker,firefox,gaim and of course several uxterm open.

Do you know how I can configure the system in order do produce logging during
the crash?

Thank you in advance,
Pavlos

System info: