Re: mozilla mail

Mark Grieveson wrote:
Hello.  Clamscan, of clamav, indicates that there is a virus in my
mozilla mail inbox file.  I emptied and deleted all the mail in the
inbox, yet, there is still a 5 MB file there, which seems to be a large
text file containing records of all the past mail received.  Should I
delete this file?
The readout from clamscan is:

debian:/home/mark/.mozilla/default/fmjrfclp.slt/Mail/pop.torfree-1.net#
clamscan
/home/mark/.mozilla/default/fmjrfclp.slt/Mail/pop.torfree-1.net/Inbox:
HTML.Phishing.Pay-87 FOUND

I think the "proper" way to empty your inbox completely is to
right-click on its entry in the folder list and select "Compact This
Folder". Deleted messages are often only marked as deleted (and no
longer displayed) but remain in the file until the folder is compacted.
You can also set a limit for automatic compaction of folders in "Edit >
Preferences > Mail & Newsgroups > Offline & Disk Space".

Regards,
           Florian