Re: file transfer between two debian sarge machines in a lan

On 2/24/06, Andrew Cady <d@jerkface.net> wrote:

> You need to login as the appropriate user on the other machine.  For
> example, if your login name on 192.168.1.103 is "lvg" then you want:
>
> scp /mnt/wind/Audio/file.mp3 lvg@192.168.1.103:/share/
>
> In this case user "lvg" will need access to /share, but probably won't
> have it.  More likely you will want:
>
> scp /mnt/wind/Audio/file.mp3 lvg@192.168.1.103:.
>
> which will put it in lvg's home directory.  If you still can't get it to
> work, post again to the list.
Thanks.  There is only one user other than root in 103. I could use
that user password and do scp.
What I wanted to know is Whether is it possible to do scp to a folder
like /share which has 777 permissions with out using passwords of any
user of that machine including root?
--
L.V.Gandhi
http://lvgandhi.tripod.com/