Re: On rtorrent

On Feb 24 2006, Mark Grieveson wrote:
> On Feb 24 2006, Rogério Brito wrote:
> >  Well, you may be surprised with the steep learning curve for
> >  rtorrent (and its interface), but it is definitely worth learning,
> >  because of the non-interpreted nature of the program and the fact
> >  that it consumes *far* less resources than similar programs written
> >  in Python or Java.
>
> I suggest using qtorrent.  It works, and it's simple to use.  And hey,
> "q" comes before "r" :-)

Well, it seems that you missed one of the points that I was trying to
make with rtorrent: the fact that it doesn't use an interpreted language
and is quite mean with the resources that it uses.

BTW, please, don't send HTML mail to the list.

Thanks, Rogério Brito.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/