Re: On rtorrent

Hi, Michael and others.

On Feb 23 2006, Michael M. wrote:

> Last time I checked, rtorrent was available only in Sid, and aptitude
> complained when I marked it for installation.

That's strange. I've been using a plain/vanilla etch system here (in
fact, I always track testing) and I *do* have rtorrent available here.

> I would like to try it though, as Bittornado is not so much to my
> liking.  I hope it moves to Etch soon.

Well, you may be surprised with the steep learning curve for rtorrent
(and its interface), but it is definitely worth learning, because of the
non-interpreted nature of the program and the fact that it consumes
*far* less resources than similar programs written in Python or Java.

Hope this helps, Rogério.
I suggest using qtorrent.  It works, and it's simple to use.  And hey, "q" comes before "r"  :-)