Re: just a little OT: online meeting coordinator sought

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 04:28:47PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> For regular meetings of several Debian project groups, we are
> looking for a simple platform that allows a group of <20 people to
> easily coordinate a time for a meeting. The tool should be
> timezone-aware and ideally not require accounts for members. I am
> thinking a group calendar ID with a single password for all should
> do.
>
> Does anyone know of such a tool? I did a survey of "group calendar"
> and "meeting coordination" yesterday on various search engines, but
> I did not find anything that seemed like a match.
>
> If such a tool does not exist, maybe someone would like to take up
> the task to code one? I am thinking a Python CGI with a SQLite
> backend should do. Or mod_python even. I'd use Zope and could host
> it, but we don't have Zope on .debian.org. Better yet, any SQL
> backend...
>
> The tool could have two phases: during the first phase (which may be
> skipped), members enter times with a priority between 0-9, where
> 0 is total inability to attend and 9 is a strong preference. For
> members who forget to enter their data, the timezone should be used,
> as well as a configurable interval (e.g. 9-22 o'clock). Then, in
> phase two, the tool selects a slot that works for everyone, mail it
> out, and let people accept or deny, until a time is settled.
Hi evil mallard,
I'd love to mull over this some and to aid my and others effort could
you general some test data that may represent the input and if possible
an output for that data. At least for me, it would make it clear to
actaully have some raw data to work with and test code on. Thankx
Cheers,
Kev
ps. hope the tendonitis is under control x-)