Re: logrotate question

Chris Brandstetter wrote:
Also, on kind of a side note, I usually setup /var on a seperate
partition so that if it does become full you still have access to your
system, and it will mostly still function as normal.

While this is common practice, I question its usefulness because most variable system data is housed in /var. So if a log file fills /var, it also crashes your database, mail, and the ability to properly startup services because /var/run will full.

I could see partitioning /var/log off on its own, but putting all of /var in one partition doesn't seem to solve all that much.