Re: Really stupid question...

Opus wrote:

> mslinuz wrote:
>
>> I'm sorry if I misunderstand, but after reading your mail, I have 2
>> assumtions:
>

> Your assumptions are correct.  Actually, I have only Debian users,
> and they all use gnome/gdm, so your #1 solution is the one that
> I'm interested in.
>
>> 1. Users use debian with gnome/gdm in the different machine and need
>>    to mount the share everytime they log in.
>>    Create a directory for mounting user share.
>>    Then create a file with 0700 for everyuser place in a save place :
>>      #!/bin/bash
>>    smbmount //serveraddress/sharedfolder /pathtomountingpoint -o
>>    username=whatever,password=pwd;
>>    exit 0;
>>      add these line to $HOME/user/.bashrc :
>>
>>    if [ -f PATHTOSCRIPTFILE ]; then
>>        . PATHTOSCRIPTFILE;
>>    fi
>>      that's all.
>>

> My understanding is that a user's .bashrc file runs only when the
> user starts a bash terminal session.  Does it get run at login
> also?  If so, that will be the solution.
>
> Thanks for you help.

AFAIK, by default Debian use bash by default.
So I believe it'll be run when you login < I've tested it myself >
Or you can add a session startup for every user by editing
$HOME/.gnome2/session-manual,

[Default]
num_clients=1
0,RestartStyleHint=3
0,Priority=50
0,RestartCommand=pathtoscriptfile
0,Program=pathtoscriptfile

I haven't test it myself actually.
These lines can be generated via gnome-session-manual.
But it should be run by the user itself < it's a gui program >
But I believe editing the user's .bashrc file should work.
Have you try it yet ?

.:: mslinuz ::.
Send instant messages to your online friends http://asia.messenger.yahoo.com