Re: unable to take screenshots

Magnus Therning wrote:

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 09:46:47AM -0500, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
Hi all

Using Debian unstable, KDE 3.5.1, installed from official debian repositories.

I used

xwd |convert - screenshot.jpg

$ls -al screenshot.jpg
-rw-r--r--  1 rajulocal rajulocal 1166 2006-02-22 09:40 screenshot.jpg

But then when I view this image using display or kview or showimg etc.,
there is no image. It is just a blank page.

I also tried taking the screen shots with ksnapshot, gimp but both of
these exhibit the same behavior (blank image file). Where is the
problem? What is the solution?

Any particular reason why you aren't using ImageMagick's screenshot tool
(import)?
You already have it installed since you're using 'convert'.

/M

Thanks to all who have replied. I found the problem. Initially when I faced the problem, I was taking the screenshots on machine B which is accessing machine A using nxclient. When I logged in directly on machine A, I was able to take the screenshots with import, ksnapshot etc., So I am guessing the culprit is nxclient.

thanks
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi