unable to take screenshots

Hi all

Using Debian unstable, KDE 3.5.1, installed from official debian repositories.

I used

xwd |convert - screenshot.jpg

$ls -al screenshot.jpg
-rw-r--r--  1 rajulocal rajulocal 1166 2006-02-22 09:40 screenshot.jpg

But then when I view this image using display or kview or showimg etc., there is no image. It is just a blank page.

I also tried taking the screen shots with ksnapshot, gimp but both of these exhibit the same behavior (blank image file). Where is the problem? What is the solution?

thanks
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi