Re: unable to take screenshots

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 09:46:47AM -0500, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
>Hi all
>
>Using Debian unstable, KDE 3.5.1, installed from official debian repositories.
>
>I used
>
>xwd |convert - screenshot.jpg
>
>$ls -al screenshot.jpg
>-rw-r--r--  1 rajulocal rajulocal 1166 2006-02-22 09:40 screenshot.jpg
>
>But then when I view this image using display or kview or showimg etc.,
>there is no image. It is just a blank page.
>
>I also tried taking the screen shots with ksnapshot, gimp but both of
>these exhibit the same behavior (blank image file). Where is the
>problem? What is the solution?

Any particular reason why you aren't using ImageMagick's screenshot tool
(import)?
You already have it installed since you're using 'convert'.

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Finagle's Second Law:
Always keep a record of data -- it indicates you've been working.