Re: Unable to print from mozilla-firefox only

big smiles =). why does mozilla default to that? wouldnt everybody have the same problem then?

On 2/19/06, John Halton < johnhalton@gmail.com> wrote:
Jason M Cox wrote:
> This issue started when trying to print from mozilla-firefox. I choose
> file>print. I get the print dialog. Then click print and get a window
> titled "printing" and a progress bar as if it is piping it to lpr. The
> progress bar completes the "printing" window disappears and nothing
> prints. I check lpr KJobViewer and they have no jobs and show that the
> printer is ready and accepting jobs. I tried to research this i n the
> archives but couldn't find the same problem. Also checked Mozilla
> website to no avail. Then resorted to the  chat irc.debian.org
> <http://irc.debian.org> #debian. where user kevix instructed me too
> run: apt-get install xprint after installing i restarted mozilla-firefox
> and still have the same issue.  Please note that I am able to print from
> other non Mozilla browsers such as Konqueror. All help is greatly
> appreciated.

Installing and using CUPS is worth doing anyway, as suggested by the
previous respondent, but the problem with mozilla-firefox sounds like
the same issue I had at one point.

The solution to this (when using CUPS) proved to be as follows: go into
the print dialogue, then select "Properties" (I think - working from
memory here as FF 1.5 is different on this). You're looking for an
option that is labelled something like "Print command".

When I did this, that option was set to something like "lpr
${MOZ_PRINTER+NAME:+'-P'}${MOZ_PRINTER+NAME}". I changed this simply to
"lp" and after that everything printed fine.