Laptop battery

	Just before Christmas, I bought a secondhand T20
Laptop and installed Sarge which works fine.

	The vendor said there was a battery which 'worked
well'. Embarrassingly, I have so far always used the T20
with the AC Adapter. However, last evening I decided to
use the battery to see how much time I would get from it.

	Debian's monitor told me the battery was fully
charged, but, on starting I got a message 'Running off
Battery  - 11 minutes left', two minutes later
'Battery running out 0 minutes left'. It did give me
enough time to close everything and shut down.

	I've just recharged the battery which took just
over 23 minutes to reach 'fully charged'. Then switching
to it, in one minute I got 'Running off battery 11 mins
left' quickly followed by 'running out 0 mins left'.

	It would seem that I've been 'sold a pup', but
before getting a new one (assuming one can be found), I
just wondered if anything in the Debian software could be misconfigured. The battery itself seems in almost pristine
condition to my inexperienced eyes.

	Can anyone offer any suggestions (solice is perhaps
too much to hope for). I've never had anything to do with
Laptops before, so I'm in the dark.

Regards,					John.