Re: Why do I bother?

Carl Fink wrote:

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 11:12:18PM -0800, S Clement wrote:

I have ordered an installation set for 3.1 to see if it works any better. If it doesn't, I'll have to relegate Debian to the status of toy, somthing
to play with.  For work I will have to use WinXP.  With that I stick the
disks in and it installs and works.  There are modifications I make, but
it works.

If you have a CD burner and broadband internet connection, ordering a set is
a waste of time and money.  Download the single-CD Sarge installation image,
boot, and away you go.
Not always. In some places I know, they charge money depending on howmuch stuff you download from the internet. So it is a question of whom you are paying - the ISP or the CD vendor.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/