Re: Why do I bother?

Magnus Therning wrote:

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 03:47:58AM -0500, Edward Shornock wrote:
On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 11:12:18PM -0800, S Clement wrote:
[...]
For work I will have to use WinXP.  With that I stick the disks in and
it installs and works.  There are modifications I make,

Yes, but why go to the extent of making modifications to yourself in order to give yourself some degree of limited access to a failed system?

but it works.
After some considerable number of years running windows, I would have to question that.

When will Debian?
I think a look in the mirror would be appropriate at this stage.

Oddly enough, I find Debian and Linux in general to be much easier to
"make it work"...

Even more oddly, I find Debian easier to install...
I find Microsoft utterly repugnant.

Perhaps if the O.P. would be so kind as to advise as to which particular bridge he lives under, I should be more selective about which direction I choose when out and about.
Regards,