good dual head x tutorial

hello,

i am looking for a good tutorial on how to setup a dual monitor. ive
done enough googling and havent seen anything comprehensive. i have
found some but they seem to be mostly mandrake(iva) or fedora core or
some other distro centric. any suggestions for a distro agnostic
tutorial or a debian specific.

i have gotten both screens to work, but there are still some issues, and
i am finding using a dual head setup harder "tweak" thinks.

my setup:

from lspci -vv:

0000:04:02.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon
RV100 QY [Radeon 7000/VE] (prog-if 00 [VGA])
        Subsystem: C.P. Technology Co. Ltd: Unknown device 2049
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping+ SERR+ FastB2B-
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
        Latency: 64 (2000ns min), Cache Line Size: 0x10 (64 bytes)
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 3
        Region 0: Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
        Region 1: I/O ports at dc00 [size=256]
        Region 2: Memory at fe5f0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
[size=64K]
        Expansion ROM at fe600000 [disabled] [size=128K]
        Capabilities: <available only to root>

which is a dual output radeon, one DVI and one VGA outputs.

identical dell lcd monitors: DELL 1905FP

my problem:

the analog (vga) output and monitor is a little off. let me explain:
the horizontal size of X is a little to wide for the monitor and the lcd
doesnt provide a mechanism to adjust the size of the display, just the
position of it. i have looked at DisplaySize option for the Monitor
section in xorg.conf, but that did not change anything.

also there are slight vertical flickers on the analog lcd monitor.

i can post the xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log if anyone is interested.

thanks,

-matt zagrabelny