RE: VMWare Server and Kernel? [u]

>    I've ran VMWare Workstation 5 for some time now and it has the same
>requirement. If you're running Debian stable this is usually not much of
>an issue as you need only install the appropriate kernel headers package
>which matches your linux-image package. Debian testing is a lil more
>tricky as gcc/g++ could have been upgraded since the kernel was built,
>but you can try the same technique as with stable. Debian unstable
>you're most assuredly better off just compiling your own kernel image
>and header packages using make-kpkg to save yourself a lot of grief.

Okay, I have a "blank" system, running 2.6.8 packaged kernel, I have
installed the source tree for 2.6.8 and I am trying to build VMWare server
modules. I get the bwlow error, and I Wonder: How do I fix this in the best
way?

The path "/usr/src/linux/include" is a kernel header file directory, but it
does
not contain the file "linux/version.h" as expected.  This can happen if the
kernel has never been built, or if you have invoked the "make mrproper"
command
in your kernel directory.  In any case, you may want to rebuild your kernel.

What is the location of the directory of C header files that match your
running
kernel? [/usr/src/linux/include]