Re: "No volume control elements and/or devices found" after upgrade to etch

Luc Saffre escribe:
> I am running Debian on a Dell Latitude 110L notebook. Recently I
> upgraded from sarge to etch. Now my sound system is dead. On each start
> of either KDE or Gnome I get a message box "No volume control elements
> and/or devices found".

Maybe you should start from the beginning and check if modules for
your sound card are loaded.

$ lsmod | grep snd
$ cat /proc/asound/cards

If they aren't, maybe installing alsa-utils and running alsaconf as
root could help.

Cordially, Ismael
--
Dropping science like when Galileo dropped his orange

     http://lamediahostia.blogspot.com/
     http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivalladt/