Re: trouble installing RAID and LVM.

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 08:51:40AM -0800, Mike Bird wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-02-11 at 06:09, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> > The kernel was unable to re-read the partition table on /dev/md/0
> > (Invalid argument).  This means Linux won't know anything about the
> > modifications you made unito you reboot.  You chould reboot your
> > computer before doing anything with /dev/md/0
>
> FWIW, I see that every time when I setup a RAID during an Ubuntu
> Breezy install.  I ignore it and the RAID setup still works.

Maybe that's where we differ.  When I ognore it, it doesn't work.  Oh,
the RAID seems to be set up, but attempting to use it as physical volume
for LVM fails later in the installation -- somehow, it can't seem to
write the control information to the RAID, as if it wasn't really set up
after all.

-- hendrik