Re: debian-user and mutt...

Hi - thanks for the link.

A quick survey and it does indeed seem that 'Reply-To munging' is
what is used on nearly all of the other lists I am subscribed to.

The arguments made against it in that link certainly make sense,
although the author's prefered solution seems to be the
'reply to all' option which sends to the list and the originator,
and hence seems to cause so many complaints here.

A 'reply-to-list' command does seem like a good solution, although
I don't know how universally applicable it is.

Not all of the mailing lists seem to be adding a 'X-Mailing-List'
header into the message. Or does 'reply-to-list' use something
else?

On the 'Libretto' list, for example, the only place in the headers
other than the munged 'Reply-To' field in which the list address appears
is in the 'To' field - so I suppose it would have to be using that
field???

Regards,
DigbyT

http://www.digbyt.com