Re: Installing Debian from a DOS partition

Good morning!

Hello List,

I recently got my hands on a Toshiba Libretto 110CT. Which is a very
small laptop, with no cd player, just a pcmcia floppy disk that only
works under DOS, because the Linux kernel does not have the drivers for it.

I've finally been able to upload files to and from the DOS partition
using a parallel cable connection.

I can also boot to DOS using either the hard drive or a boot floppy.

But how can I start installing Debian (total hard drive = 4Gb, the Dos
Partition = 1Gb) starting from DOS?

Here's an extremely inelegant way:

1) install Woody base using floppies

Get those here: http://www.debian.org/releases/woody/i386/ch-appendix.en.html#s-obtain
(Go to the section called 11.2.3.4.1 Base System Images:)
Various driver disk images are in sections above this one

2) apt-get distupgrade to Sarge off the web

Would this strategy work for you?

Rob