Re: udev strangeness in Sid?

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 02:03:29AM +0000, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
>On 2/8/06, Ken Wahl <kwahl@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 09:26:53AM +0000, Magnus Therning wrote:
>> >
>> > Yes, just verified it on my second machine. udev apparently tries to run
>> > stuff located in '/lib/udev/', and it doesn't find it. I have 3745
>> > udevd_events written to the console during boot regarding this :( It
>> > seems the system isn't hurting from it though, everything's working fine
>> > AFAICT :)
>
>I wanted to know that How did you find it is 3745 lines? I also
>bootlogd enanled. But couldn't see in /var/log/boot.

The lines are pre-pended with a string that contains a number, and that
number increases by one for every line. I simply assumed it started from
1 and counted up :-)

I haven't been able to find the lines in any log file either... I'm not
sure what conclusions to draw from this, problem in the kernel?

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

The day after tomorrow is the third day of the rest of your life.