Re: udev strangeness in Sid?

Magnus Therning wrote:
Just did an `apt-get upgrade` on my Sid system and since it pulled in a
new kernel I rebooted. During booting I was greated with _lots_ of
message from udev about not being able to run hotplugd or udevd (I'm
fairly sure those were the programs it was complaining about, I didn't
find any trace of those messages in /var/log/* so I'm relying on my
memory here).

Anyone else seeing the same?
Anyone who can offer a solution that'll make it go away ;-)

Could it be related to the fact that udev _never_ is able to update the
ramdisk? (update-initramfs -u always reports that
"/boot/initrd.img-2.6.15-1-686 was been altered.  Cannot update.")

This will probably not be too helpful, but I can at least tell you that
I get the same error message whenever udev is updated, but I do not have
any problem with udev during boot. (I am using a custom 2.6.15 kernel
compiled from the newest Debian sources on a Sid machine and udev
0.084-3.)

Did you try to activate bootlogd? Maybe that will give you a chance to
read the error message in detail.

Regards,
          Florian