Re: apt wants to remove my kernel image

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 23:41 -0500, Mark Fletcher wrote:
> I remember someone else had this problem, or a very similar one to it, a
> while back. I can't remember what the resolution was but if you search
> back through the archives of this list for something like *...wants to
> REMOVE my kernel..." (I seem to recall the remove was in caps) you
> should find the thread concerned. Hope that helps.

I think that was me that had that problem.  The source of the problem
seemed to simply be that the kernel images are now called
linux-image.yaddayaddayadda.  If I remember correctly, going ahead and
installing the most recent linux-image fixed the problem, and I was able
to keep the old kernel-image installed after all was said and done.