apt wants to remove my kernel image

Hi all,

I've got a problem with apt. I want to install apache in one of my servers and I did "aptitude install apache". Then I saw that it wanted to upgrade the kernel 2.4 that was installed on that machine. Since I'm not using any more that kernel and I didn't have much time I did:

apt-get remove --purge kernel-image-2.4.27-2-386

   Now when I do "apt-get install -u apache" I get:

   apache-common e2fslibs e2fsprogs libc6 libc6-dev libdb4.3 locales
Suggested packages:
   apache-doc apache-ssl apache-perl gpart parted e2fsck-static glibc-doc
   manpages-dev
The following packages will be REMOVED:
   initrd-tools kernel-image-2.6.8
   apache libdb4.3
   apache-common e2fslibs e2fsprogs libc6 libc6-dev locales

and that kernel-image is the one I'm using

sinerdb3:~# uname -a
Linux sinerdb3 2.6.8 #1 SMP Wed Apr 27 18:15:35 CEST 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

I don't understant what's going on and how I can fix it, any of you knows it?

Thank you very much
--
Arnau