XOrg+Radeon = No Direct Rendering?

Hello all,

my 3D plots were rather slow, and I decided to check:

$> glxinfo
direct rendering: No

Well, I dug and dug, and here's what I got:

For a functional Hardware Acceleration with Radeon 9200/9000:
- agp, intel-apg (or other), drm and radeon drivers
- glx, dri and radeon modules loaded from Radeon

But somehow it's not working. Then I came across a post mentioning hardware acceleration had been dropped in favour of nice fonts (??).

I'd like to get my graphics back on hardware, but can't begin to understand how. Does anyone have a clue that could help me?

Regards,

Renato

For reference, here's my config:
- debian unstable/experimental with 2.6.14
- XOrg 6.9.0.dfsg.1-4 (module loader present)
- mtrr (compiled into), agp, agp-intel, radeon, drm as kernel modules
- Ati Radeon 9200/9000 (as shipped in nx7000/x1000)
- xorg.conf:
Modules: glcore, glx, dri
device: driver radeon, UseInternalAGPART, RenderAccel and AccelMethod EXA

Even with glxinfo saying DR is disable, the log shows:
(II) RADEON(0): Direct rendering enabled

And last, dmesg|grep agp or dmesg|grep dri don't show a thing