Re: apache2 and ssl

eric,

please keep the posts on debian-user, that is, use the 'reply-to-list'
feature of your mail client. thanks.

also, if you could use inline posting for better readability.

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 14:11 -0700, Ed wrote:
> Matt,
>
> The only file I have in /etc/apache2/sites-available is "default". No
> file named "sites". What's in the default file doesn't look like what
> you have. Should I modify it so it h as sections like the ones you
> describe>?

i just made that up, 'sites', that is. yeah, you could just copy default
to sites and to sites-ssl and modify as needed.

apache2 under debian has its config file potentially separated into many
files under the /etc/apache2/sites-available/ directory. to enable a
site, use

# a2ensite <file-name>

ie.

# a2ensite site
# a2ensite site-ssl

where site and site-ssl are files under /etc/apache2/sites-available

you will also need to create your ssl cert file.

# apache2-ssl-certificate

-matt zagrabelny