cannot start instalation of debian 31r1

Good day

I have some interesting problem, when i try to install debian 31r1 to my laptop.
Manufacturer is HP Compaq type Presario 2100. I was trying to install from debian cd. Internal cd-rom is out of order, so i'm using external one via usb. I get the boot screen, but when i reach the stage where i need to choose language, the keyboard isn't responding. If i chose the boot parameter "linux debian-installer/probe/usb=false" is goes ok, keyboard is working, but then i cannot mount cd, obviously i've chosen to not probe for usb.
Any ideas how to solve that?
Many thanks in advance.