Backing up Windows using rsync

Hi

We just got a new requirement: To automated the backup of the all the data on
the network with the option of being able to retrieve/restore a file upto any
7 days.

Current Setup:
- 14 Windows workstations - 45 GB
- 1 Linux server (Redhat). - 80 GB
Total Backup: 125 GB (Max would grow to 200 GB in the next 2-3 years)

I was planing to use rsync with SSH on Windows and the Linux server and
schedule the script to copy the files/folders to a Debian based Linux server
in the following folder structure:

/backup/Monday/server
/backup/Monday/ws01
/backup/Monday/ws02
/backup/Monday/ws03
.
.
/backup/Tuesday/server
/backup/Tuesday/ws01
/backup/Tuesday/ws02
/backup/Tuesday/ws03
.
.

This would mean I'd need the Debian server storage capacity would need to be
at least 200 GB x 7 = 1.4 TB.

Question: Is there a better way to do what I'm doing? And is there already a
piece of software that exists on the NET that does what I'm doing better and
I should trying to re-invent the wheel? :-)

Any ideas / tips are most welcome.

Regards

Rishi