Re: [OT] debianhelp.co.uk steals my words?

Perhaps you could add a copyright notice to your sig for posts? Under
the GNU FDL, verbatim and derived works must credit the original author:

That is quite an idea I must look in to. Thank you kindly.

Copyright (c) 2006 YourName
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
with no Invariant Sections, with no Front-Cover texts and with no
Back-Cover Texts under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License,
version 1.2 or any later version, published by the Free Software
Foundation. A copy of the license can be found at
http://www.fsf.org/copyleft/fdl.html.

I sent an E-Mail to the web-site in question. They resonded thus:

"[...W]e are going to put a statement in that page menctioning as this list is from debian users mailing list.We will take care from next time we will menctioned the source from."

I thank you for all of your opinions. I realise that I take this rather too seriously. It is a fault of mine. I believe (perhaps to the point of proselytising?) that even the smallest citation should be, well, cited. Perhaps it has to do with my up-bringing? Who knows: I blame the Puritans, one way or the other. (Fascinating group of people they were. Their culture is the North-American culture of to-day. (Why in the World have I brought this up?)).

Alrighty. Thanks again and have a pleasant cup of your favourite tea.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—[...]and that's the he and the she of it.