Re: marillat

Micha Feigin escribe:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:41:25 +0100
> Ismael Valladolid Torres <ivalladt@punkass.com> wrote:
>
> > Ron Johnson escribe:

> > > I googled for "debian marillat", but saw no references to
> > > http://debian.video.free.fr/ and no bit of news at hpisi.nerim.net/
> > > saying that the repository has moved.
> >
> > So my Google's bigger than yours. :)
> >

> BTW, I changed the method for marilat from ftp to http (same address just put
> http:// instead of ftp://) and it solved the access problem for me. I seem to
> recall something on the site stating that the ftp server is (or was) down.

It's known that it's usually nicer using HTTP instead of FTP, less
latency, no need to log in even if as an anonymous user.

This comment doesn't make sense with big files such as ISO images. In
that case BitTorrent is the best option, but for other reasons, as
bandwidth savings for ISO providers.

Cordially, Ismael
--
Tout fourmille de commentaries, d'auteurs il en est grande cherté

     http://lamediahostia.blogspot.com/
     http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivalladt/