Re: PCMCIA configuration

I'm following unstable myself (and it doesn't seem to be noticeably more
hazardous than following testing, which I used to do) and mostly things
don't break too badly. However the hotplug gotcha was very difficult to
spot and to disentangle from wireless-tools etc.
I submitted a bug report on hotplug, naturally, but nothing has come
back beyond the formal acknowledgement.

It takes time for the bug reports to get processed.

Some packages have to wait for a confirmation from other users to keep from chasing every "It won't run" bug report. Many times I was convinced I had found a real bug only to realize that I needed to RTFM better. I still submit a bug, but a minor one as a suggested improvement.

This one I think was real only because it was working for > 1 year and then broke in an upgrade. Unfortunately I've scrambled my installation enough to be uncertain what exactly the cause might be.