Debian install fixes

I like to post things, hoping they'll come up for someone in a google
search.
Here's the current "fixes" while trying to install debian.

#Good lord, no-one has public key's. Here's the fix
wget http://ftp-master.debian.org/ziyi_key_2006.asc
/usr/bin/apt-key add /path/to/file/ziyi_key_2006.asc

Installed sarge, immediately tried to dist-upgrade.
Yeah, wipe wipe.  udev screwed the pooch.
On the next load, right after sarge load,
apt-get install linux-image-2.6-686
This will get you a current enough kernel, then when you dist-upgrade,
you don't get caught in a udev loop. Using the 2.6-686 is a meta package
which will always keep you on the kernel bleeding edge..  (Someone
really needs to fix this.) I don't think it "impress's" the newbies
looking over your shoulder...  :)

Next, nvidia card won't go. It's a new fx-5500 256mg.
Answer, pull the silly thing out and put in a lesser card. Who wants to
mess with compiling kernels every time they do a upgrade...

As usual. Suggestings are welcome. Maybe I'm missing something...

-

--
Highest Regards,

Rodney Richison