Re: how do i downgrade to xfree86 on sid?

Joris Huizer wrote:
Matt wrote:
<snip>

Joris,

so, is there a way to stop a certian package from being upgraded?

At least with aptitude you can indicate a package must be kept in it's current version; unfortunately, I do not know how to do this with dpkg/apt-get (I think it's probably done by apt-get in some way, but I haven't found how to tell apt-get to do that, manually)

(Though I hope the post on xfree86 drivers in xorg will help you find a way to do it in xorg -- it will be less work, you'll be using pure-sid etc ;-) )

HTH,

Joris

echo xfree86-common hold | sudo dpkg --set-selections
echo xserver-common hold | sudo dpkg --set-selections
echo xserver-xfree86 hold | sudo dpkg --set-selections

There may be other packages to put on hold, as well, but these are the ones that come to mind. If these are held, any others that should be probably wont upgrade anyway, due to dependancies.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com