how do i downgrade to xfree86 on sid?

hi all,

i can't really believe that i need to do this (i like xorg a lot) but i
need to downgrade to xfree in order to use a midified trident driver.
since there are no xfree86 packages in the official repository, i can
only hope that they exist elsewhere...

so, how can i use xfree instead of xorg on sid?

Thanks,
+matt

PS. for those curious as to why i want to do this, here is my situation.
 If you can offer alternatives, please do:

I have a via epia v10000 mini itx mobo with onboard tv-out.  The trident
driver in xorg supports the video chipse as well as the tv-out chip, but
simply does not work properly (blank screen).  VIA provides a driver for
xfree (binary and source) that i've been able to compile in the xorg
tree, but it has too many external dependancies to run.  There also
exists an alternative driver (black5's iirc) for xfree, but it has
runtime problems as well when compiled in the xorg tree.  so, i feel as
though this is the easiest route to a solution.
--
  matt
  mattlist@fastmail.fm