Re: Restoring cyrus21-imapd

On 1/15/06, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:

> I was wrong.  The cyrus-imapd 1.5 packages in oldstable are fine, and ask
> the user before removing everything.  The cyrus-imapd 1.5 packages in
> *stable* are dangerous and remove everything when you purge them.

Isn't this something that can go into the next stable update?  This is
a critical bug and it is sure that people _will_ lose important data
when they upgrade their cyrus-imapd.

I don't think that fixing the description of the upgrading procedure
is enough. If it is possible, to get an updated package into the next
stable update, this should be done.

I was quite lucky, I only lost 10 hrs of mails and the message status
information. But we know that other people _will_ lose more data, if
this won't be fixed.

Regards,
Jim