Problems with ps command / how to show full process path?

Hello!

I have run into the following problem on a debian sarge box when playing around with the system: I log in as root, change to root's home directory and then type "apache". Since /usr/sbin is in the PATH, the apache webserver starts.

If I then do: "ps -Alf | grep apache", there will be multiple output lines which contain the string "apache".

But at this point, in the output lines of the ps command, I would like to see the string "/usr/sbin/apache" instead of simply "apache". I found no way to do this although reading the docs, trying all the command line switches of ps, etc. So the question is:

How can you force the ps command to show the full path of the shown processes in every case?

Thank you very much,

Peter

P.S. I know that you usually should start apache via /etc/init.d/apache start, but I would like to know how to solve this problem for all running processes, and the described situation with apache is only one example of many others.