Re: PCMCIA configuration

On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 05:08:41PM +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> This may not be relevant,  but I've had problems with my Cisco Aironet
> 340 which sound similar. I eventually tracked them to hotplug. If you
> have upgraded this recently you could try going back to the version in
> Stable.

Ah, yes, I saw something similar recently with an orinoco_cs card.  A
configuration on my other notebook somehow lent a hint.

It seemed that hotplug incorrectly loaded the yenta_socket module when
it started up, so the regular pcmcia startup didn't get a chance to do
it correctly.

I blacklisted yenta_socket from hotplug to allow it to later be
initialized properly by pcmcia scripts.

john@navi:~$ cat /etc/hotplug/blacklist.d/pcmcia
pcmcia_core
yenta_socket