Re: FAT patents. Do we need to revive non-US?

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 10:40:19AM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Mike McCarty wrote:
> > John Hasler wrote:
> >> Armies and police forces consist of individuals who individually
> >> choose to
> >> take individual actions.
> > Thank you. Precisely my point.
>
>     And more to the point when it comes to democratic republics, individuals
> collectively choose the individual with whom control of the armies and police
> forces rests.

Sometimes, though, they pick from a very limited set of choices, none
of which may be satisfactory, who they would like to recommend to the
people who do the real choosing. This pick is typically based on
incomplete and occasionally false information and on promises that are
almost guaranteed to be broken. Yum.

 --j