Resuming interrupted etch beta Installation over Internet

	I wish to thank the two individuals who answered my previous
question about the time needed to install Debian etch onto an ASUS P4P800E
deluxe motherboard with a 250 GB Seagate drive.

	Assembling the new system at the hardware Special Interest Group
(SIG) took little time since the teacher is quite experienced.  We
partitioned the Seagate into 3 main areas with a swap partition for Linux
as a fourth partition: future Windows XP, swap, Linux ext2, and common
data area FAT32.  The system also has a floppy drive, CD-RW (used as a
CDROM booter), and ATI Radeon 9550 graphics card.  The keyboard and mouse
are PS/2.  The microprocessor is a Pentium 4 Prescott with hyperthreading
at 3.2 GHZ.

	The installation proceeded quite well until we ran out of time and
had to abort the downloading of the packages from a local mirror in
Georgia.

	How do I resume the download?  I may be able to use eth0 which
looks at the motherboard's onboard ethernet capabilities, or I may have to
setup eth1 to a serial port or USB modem to continue the download for
several nights over my dialup connection (Ugh!).  How do I get a list of
the packages if a friend is willing to download the packages for me and
cut/press/burn them to a CDROM?  The list of packages would be the ones
that the installation procedure has 'decided' to download based on our
answers.

	I am pleased with the way the installation started up.  The basic
system got installed.  Then the installer kicked out the network
installation CDROM and had us to reboot into the newly installed system
which now has hernel 2.6.12 since we chose the standard install command
provided on the installation CDROM burned from the 150 MB iso for Debian
etch.  eth0 will be the name for the GiaLan ethernet built into the
motherboard.  eth1 is free, I guess.  (As an aside, I noted that shpchp
got installed correctly on this system (redetch) whereas it didn't on
another box.  I googled for this and found that shpchp didn't install
elsewhere but haven't a clue what this does or means, if anything.)

	Thanks for any basic guidelines, insights, etc.  I have read the
installation manual online and looked over the network CDROM.  It has a
few reference hURL's that need fixing.  Online you just erase the last
part of the path, and it works!  I also read the errata.  Fortunately the
extra size is not an issue for this particular installation.  I have some
experience with Debian GNU/Linux woody upgraded to sarge on another box.

--
(Mr.) Gayle Lee Fairless, Although I am subscribed to the digest, CC's
to fairless@ieee.org are fine for quicker interaction.