Re: FAT patents. Do we need to revive non-US?

Mike McCarty wrote:
> John Hasler wrote:
>> richard writes:
>>> Regrettably, the individuals who control armies and police forces make
>>> more difference.
>> Armies and police forces consist of individuals who individually
>> choose to
>> take individual actions.
> Thank you. Precisely my point.

    And more to the point when it comes to democratic republics, individuals
collectively choose the individual with whom control of the armies and police
forces rests.

    I cannot recall who said it but I think the above situation and discontent
was best describe thus:  Democracy is the only political system in which the
people both get the leader they chose and the leader they deserve.