Re: cups - samba - frustration! - LIKE SOLVED

Hi Clive,

the last 2 hours I set up a new (about the 10th) pure! sarge (doing all
testing in vmware),
installed all the necessary stuff, joined to domain, installed a printer test
under cups and tested it.
then I went on a w2k client, connect to the printers share, uploaded the
windows driver to the samba machine. (This was not possible with an xp-pro
client, don't know why)
tThen from another machine I could connect to the printer and print.

so I think I will have to use this way instead of cupsaddsmb, which is a great
tool and very confortable! I used it the last 2 years on my old samba:
you don't need to install every printer locally on windows before and need
only! a ppd, from linuxprinting or from vendor.

As we will use pykota for accounting, because I cannot way longer for a
running version of the cups driver,  I don't need the cupsdriver for
accounting anymore, also if it has the advantage that the users can define
billing per print job.

thank you very! much for your effort and help!!!

angela