Re: Trouble with nvidia glx.

On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 11:50:28PM +0100, sebastien marbrier wrote:
   > Le Dimanche 8 Janvier 2006 03:52, Adam Porter a écrit :
   > > Where did you get the glx module?  You didn't mention installing the
   > > nvidia-glx package.
   > >
   > > If nothing else works, you might try switching to Xorg (I know it's not in
   > > Sarge, but neither is 2.6.14 or the new nVidia drivers.  :)
   > I got the glx module for the nvidia installer (the .run file).
   > Since it can't stay loaded after the reboot I will try again with the kernel
   > 2.6.14 and the nvidia-glx given by debian.

Put nvidia in /etc/modules. It will be loaded during boot up. That
should address your problem of loading the nvidia module. IIRC, the
kernel version has no relation to this problem.

   > I took an higher kernel version because the 2.6.8 has a bug so I can't use my
   > usb gamepad.
   > With Kubuntu, I had no trouble so I was very disappointed, maybe it is
   > xfree86's fault but I have never heard about such a bug and Kubuntu uses xorg
   > now.
   > I am just wondering why I failed my installation with the general method.

Currently I am running sarge, kernel 2.6.15, nvidia 8178 and xorg.
Everything works smoothly. Of course, both the kernel and nvidia are
from respective sites, not debian supplied.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

You will be married within a year.