Re: Poll: debian-newcomer list [Was: Re: newbies needing help for graphic login]

Andrei Popescu wrote:

It has been suggested by several people in this thread to have a 'debian-newcomer' list.

Question: Is there real interest in having this and how many users will subscribe in order to help the newcomers (from "doze" or Mac or other distros)? A name or nick as an answer i think will do. I'll start with myself though i'm quite a modest guy (really) :)

1. Andrei

Don't want to be a kill-joy, but there was a thread discussing Debian sites a little while ago, and whilst there are so many Debian newbie avenues to explore in that direction, I don't really see any point in a dedicated list scenario.
This, for example...

http://forums.debian.net/

or, this...

http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/index.php